Aleph Book Company is open to considering for publication unsolicited fiction and general non-fiction works in the English language. As we do not publish monographs, textbooks, children’s books, unsolicited poetry manuscripts, comic books or scientific and technical books, please do not submit works that belong to these categories.
A hard copy of your proposal should be sent to us at the following address:
ALEPH BOOK COMPANY
161, B-4, Ground Floor,
Yusuf Sarai Community Centre,
New Delhi – 110 049
- Please do not send us submissions by e-mail, or on floppy disks, CDs or in any other digital or electronic form.
- All submissions should be printed out on white paper, double-spaced, in a large clear font. Please make sure that your name and contact information are clearly printed in your cover note and on the title page of your submission.
- For both fiction and non-fiction we will only look at a detailed synopsis and three sample chapters (three sample stories in the case of short story collections) of the submission, so please do not send us complete manuscripts.
- Please give us at least three months to let you know about your submission. If you haven’t heard from us by then, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond promptly.
- Please note that the decision to accept or reject your proposal is Aleph Book Company’s alone. The company will not necessarily provide a reason should it decide not to accept your submission.
- Please do not get in touch with us by phone, fax, e-mail, or mail, and do not ask to meet with us while your submission is being evaluated. We will get in touch with you should we wish to discuss your proposal further.
- If your submission has been turned down, please do not resubmit it, as it will not be looked at.
- Please ensure that you retain a copy of your work/submission as Aleph Book Company is not responsible for any loss or damage to submitted work.
- Submissions will not be returned irrespective of whether they have been accepted or turned down. If they have been turned down, the company will dispose of them and will not enter into any further communication whatsoever about them.
- Should we like your proposal, we will ask to see further material, but please do not assume that your manuscript has been accepted for publication by the company, all that it means is that we would like to see the complete manuscript before taking a final decision.
- If we accept your manuscript, you will be formally notified by one of our editors or publishers and terms will then be agreed and contracts signed. Until then, please note that Aleph Book Company cannot assume any liability whatsoever for your proposal/manuscript.